Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mizigo Ipo Wapi (Where's the Luggage?)

Where’s the luggage? Have you touched your passports recently? T&F (tentative and flexible). Relinquish. Let go.

Team Goma phrases, repeated and heard many times. Some funny, some very serious.
Camaraderie, bonding, inside jokes. Keeps us laughing…a lot! Which is much needed when traveling and working with a team. And keeps us praying…a lot!
We started in a wait mode with a 9 hour delay in San Francisco, then 23 hours air travel, plus two overnight layovers. Yada yada yada. Then go go go in GOma for 11 days. Now back to the wait mode in airports and planes and 26 hours of travel. I’m grateful for this team of patient, tolerant people. Sounds impossible, but I’m having fun!!

Looking forward to embracing familia, but already having withdrawals at the thought of missing my teammates.

Life is about the journey, not the destination. That was the devotion this morning at IJM (International Justice Mission) in Rwanda. So true and so applicable at this moment. I hope I can keep that close to my heart in every season of my life.
Mungu awabariki (God bless you in kiSwahili),
Charlotte Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment