Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family

It's Saturday already! When we're in Goma, we start each day in chapel for which I am thankful. I need the grounding from worshiping and praying together and receiving a word from whoever is preaching. The singing is one of my favorite things here. It lifts you immediately to another space and time...I guess it's that eternal place.
We have been welcomed back here as family. There is much sharing about each others families and personal lives. The warmth in their embrace is genuine and deeply loving. No wonder I feel like I'm home here.
Sickness has been making the rounds of our team, but no one complains. This is a great group of people to work with. Thank God for laughter!
Off to a football (ie., soccer) game at an orphanage today, then the market, then a visit to Mama Virginie's to meet her twin grandsons, Smart and Smile. Yes, those are their real names. Can't wait!
God is good, all the time.
-Charlotte Martinez
7-24-10

No comments:

Post a Comment