Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In full swing

Greetings from HEAL Africa! We are in full swing here and around Goma. I've primarily been helping in the school here at HEAL with the wonderful teacher, Beatrice. She is such a vibrant teacher. The children are eager to learn and show up everyday to school whether they can walk or not. Many are here receiving care for orthopedic impairments. They want to be taught in English, so that's what I've been doing. I have also been helping Svetlana give English lesssons to the doctors here at the hospital. It was a slow afternoon, as many of them were not able to make it to their lessons.

I had the privilege of washing feet in the woman's ward yesterday afternoon with Mary Ellen and Charlotte. It was a powerful time for all of us in our own ways. I am looking forward to possibly visiting more schools in the area, and have enjoyed meeting and working alongside another teacher from the UK who was here in April and is a great resource. I am happy to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment